Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Angel on Board

Our angels are our guides and our protectors. They surround us with their loving presence and are always here for us and are ready to help.  Sometimes their help is very straightforward as with a quick response to a prayer.  Sometimes it is very subtle and you may not even be aware that they were there.  You may have thought your good fortune was coincidental or simply good luck.  Other times they are a little more inventive with their help. I believe they enjoy this way the most and this is just how they recently helped me!

It was a couple of days before this past Christmas and I happened to  notice that the front left tire of my car was very low.  I looked at the other tires and they seemed okay.  I made a mental note to have air put in the tire because we were going to be driving to the airport the day after Christmas.  The airport was an hour and a half away and I knew the car wouldn't make it with the low tire pressure.  I drive a very small, very economical car that I bought for my long commutes to work.  It gets great gas mileage and handles very well when the road conditions are good.

A day went by and I kept forgetting to bring the car in to have the tire filled.  A friend stopped by and I asked him to look at the tire.  He checked the pressure on all the tires and said the other three were fine but the front left only had 25 lbs of pressure and it needed 40 lbs to be properly inflated.  He couldn't help me fill it but recommended I not drive it anywhere except to have it filled.

Another day went by and I forgot about the tire again.  I couldn't believe it as I am usually not this absentminded. The next day I woke up on Christmas morning panicking because I had not yet had it fixed.  We were leaving for the airport at 4:00 am the next morning and this was our last chance.  We brought the car to the only gas station that was open in town.  They told us they would be happy to help but their hose for the air pump was either lost or stolen the day before. 

Now we go on vacation every winter and I always drive my car to the airport.  I am comfortable driving a small car that I am used to on the busy New York City highways.  It also gets great gas mileage and I am very conscious of the high price of gas.  However, this year I had been feeling that there was some reason that I shouldn't drive my car to the airport and this confirmed it for me.  I was disappointed but am learning to trust and allow the Divine to guide me so we switched to plan B.  I would have to drive our other car to the airport.  Our other car is a midsized SUV.  It is much  larger and handles great with any road conditions, but is a huge gas guzzler.  I am also not used to driving it.  We left for the airport a little earlier than usual and I slowly and carefully drove the larger car.

All went fine and we arrived at the airport safely.  We went on to enjoy our island vacation and left our friends in the Northeast to enjoy the winter cold.  Halfway through the week we started hearing they were forecasting snow for the day we arrived back home.  Sure enough Winter Storm Hercules was about to make an appearance!  Our flight got into New York just before they started cancelling flights.  The snow/sleet mix was just starting.  The girls and I retrieved our luggage, got through customs, and out to the car as fast as possible hoping to stay at least one step ahead of the storm.

The roads were very slippery.  Thankfully they were also almost deserted.  I drove 30 mph the entire way home, thanking God we were in the larger and safer car. There was no way I could have driven the smaller one.  It would have slid right off the road.

We made it home safely.  The weather for the next few days was terrible and then it was terribly cold.  Today I remembered about the tire.  I looked at it and the tire looked fine. It looked the same as the other three tires.  Did the other three tires also lose air?  I guess it was possible with the car sitting out in the New England elements for close to two weeks.  We took it to our mechanic.  He checked all the tires and said they were all a little low but by a couple of pounds at the most.  The front left tire was nowhere near 25 lbs!

I just smiled and thanked him.  I know my angels were looking out for me.  To be safe in the winter storm that was coming we needed to drive the larger and safer car home from the airport.  My angels not only made sure of that by deflating my front left tire, the one tire I would notice, but they also let me know without a doubt that it was them looking out for me, by reinflating my front left tire before we got home!

It is true and it is wonderful!  Our angels are our guides and our protectors.  They love us and take care of us.  Allow your angels to fully be a part of your life by inviting their help and their counsel.  You will be delighted in the inventive ways that they find to show up!

Visit the author's website at http://godisinthelittlethings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment